Clarissa Dickson Wright Recipes, Foxtail Grove Regina, South Shore Versa 5-drawer Chest Winter Oak, Disadvantages Of Extreme Sports, Ice Cream To Buy Online, Highest Paying Casual Jobs, Step One Essential 6-drawer Double Dresser, What Kind Of Phone Can A Blind Person Use, Wreck On Hwy 11 Yesterday, Mama Natural Baby Names, " />

i am another you 2017 trailer

Harassment. What starts as an ordinary relationship with her boyfriend ... 0 of 0 people found this review helpful. Sign up for our Email Newsletters here. Eating garbage, dodging police, and hitching rides with strangers, award-winning Chinese filmmaker Nanfu Wang shares the streets with a young drifter named Dylan who left a comfortable home and loving family for a life of intentional homelessness. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Sign Up: Stay on top of the latest breaking film and TV news! ANOTHER YOU focuses on the young and ambitious science major Sydney Jameson who finds love and refuses to let it go at all costs. Official Selection, 2017 Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival. Documentary. A look at the quick rise and influence of the controversial religious group known as The Satanic Temple. A corporate lawyer reconsiders his career options after making friends with the staff and regulars at a cocktail lounge called The Foxes Den. Additionally, I hope the film is used in schools to educate young people about the experience of homelessness. The movie McLaren tells the story of Bruce McLaren, the New Zealander who founded the McLaren Motor Racing team. He bumps into her ex friend, Cali. Check out our exclusive trailer for “I Am Another You” below. Fascinated by his choice and rejection of society's rules, Nanfu follows Dylan with her camera on a journey that takes her across America and explores the meaning of freedom - and its limits. With Alexander Bannerman, Diego Boneta, Kris Holden-Ried, Taylor Horst. On its face, “I Am Another You” is not the most captivating documentary ever made. At best, he’s a freewheeling Huck Finn, and at worst, a disaster-prone adventurer reminiscent of ‘Into the Wild’ subject Christopher McCandless. Sadly, we have all learned to dehumanize the homeless just so that we don't start crying each time we see a human being sleeping in the dust on street. How far would you go in the search for true love? Copyright 2004-2020. Little did I know, that spontaneous trip would mark the beginning of a four-year journey that took me all over America and reshaped my understanding of freedom.”, In our review of the film, Eric Kohn wrote: “While ‘I Am Another You’ is a scrappy production, it roots the narrative in the epic ambitions of its quixotic protagonist, and he fits nicely into a series of familiar archetypes. Looking for something to watch? The untold story of Native American child removal, where the stakes of family separation policy are no less than cultural survival. In the movie I Am Another You, when Chinese filmmaker Nanfu Wang (Hooligan Sparrow) first came to America, Florida seemed like an exotic frontier full of theme parks, prehistoric swamp creatures, and sunburned denizens. Three couples head to the desert to help their friend heal after the death of his mother. Fascinated by his choice and rejection of society's rules, Nanfu follows Dylan with her … Two New York film editors balance their personal relationships while reworking a movie in crisis. Responding to the greed and corruption creeping into the other clubs, ... See full summary ». A gripping account of the prisoners uprising at the Nazi extermination camp of Sobibor in 1943. The Brodies retrace routes and reconnect with family gone but not forgotten in Jamaica. You can (and must) wallow unhappily for awhile, as is only human---but to survive and come through the other side, you eventually have to accept that things can't be forced or molded into the shapes/situations you desire, no matter how much you want them to be. Directed by Nanfu Wang. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? I want give away the story arc. Check out our editors' picks for the movies and TV shows we're excited about this month, including the premieres of "Marvel 616," Proxima, and more. A small town. When 20-something Chinese filmmaker Nanfu Wang (Spirit Award-winner for Hooligan Sparrow) stays at a hostel in Florida on a break from her studies at New York University, she encounters Dylan, a blonde, charismatic, 22-year-old drifter who has left a comfortable home and loving family in Utah for a life of intentional homelessness and unfettered adventure. I believe that is what the ending of this intriguing story alludes to. I Am Another You – A Kind of Freedom, with Strangers – Clip In clip from I Am Another You, filmmaker Nanfu Wang and drifter Dylan are given room and board by a generous stranger. This FAQ is empty. The Brodies retrace routes and reconnect with family members gone but not forgotten in Mandeville and Montego Bay. –Aleya Zenieris, Website Copyright © 2017 San Diego Asian Film Festival & Gala Festival Engine. I will say the film was really touching to me, because I Dylan reminds me of college friend who also ended up homeless for similar reasons. With Alexander Bannerman, Diego Boneta, Kris Holden-Ried, Taylor Horst. Fascinated by his choice and rejection of society's rules, Nanfu follows Dylan on a journey that takes her across America and explores the meaning and limits of freedom. In clip from I Am Another You, filmmaker Nanfu Wang and drifter Dylan are given room and board by a generous stranger. Nanfu follows Dylan with her camera, living with him on the streets. She decides to follow Dylan and live the wanderer lifestyle as he does, filming life on the South Florida streets. Afghan and Iraqi interpreters risked their lives aiding American troops and are now in danger unless they emigrate. Golden Door International Film Festival Announces 2016 Lineup, Hosts ‘Another You’ As Opening Night Film. An autistic 15-year-old boy steals money from his boss to provide rent for his abusive father, who uses the money to repay a loan shark. Choose an adventure below and discover your next favorite movie or TV show. UltraStar Mission Valley Tuesday, Nov 14, 2017 6:00PM. Use the HTML below. Digging through the vast collection of his father's home videos, a young man reconstructs the unthinkable story of his boyhood and exposes vile abuse passed through generations. FOR SAMA is both an intimate and epic journey into the female experience of war. Why have you never heard of this disaster? Human rights activist Ye Haiyan, AKA Sparrow, knew she faced these risks when she went to Hainan Province to seek justice for six elementary ... See full summary ». Ever searching and investigative, Wang took those ideas straight to the source, traveling to Florida and exploring. What starts as an ordinary relationship with her boyfriend Marcus slowly becomes a fixation that takes Sydney into the darkest depths of despair. On my birthday in 2012 — the first year I lived in NYC, I bought a one-way ticket to Florida. The film will open in limited release on September 27. Bridging past and present, The First Rainbow Coalition examines how an unlikely coalition defied racial divisions. Sarah and Josh are married suburbanites. The Best TV Shows About Being in Your 30s. Sign up for our Email Newsletters here. Imprisonment. Once there, she discovered an unlikely subject, and an even more unlikely hero. Interviews with leading film and TV creators about their process and craft.

Clarissa Dickson Wright Recipes, Foxtail Grove Regina, South Shore Versa 5-drawer Chest Winter Oak, Disadvantages Of Extreme Sports, Ice Cream To Buy Online, Highest Paying Casual Jobs, Step One Essential 6-drawer Double Dresser, What Kind Of Phone Can A Blind Person Use, Wreck On Hwy 11 Yesterday, Mama Natural Baby Names,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *